Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Xin Kee Zi Char

This is my Grandfather's favourite Zi Char stall.
According to my Mom , the stall owner has changed though.
But we decided to give it a try still and
most of the dishes are still awesome!Here are some of the house specialties!!Sweet & Sour Pork!
This is real good I tell ya..the battered pork is still crispy and the sauce is flavorful!
A MUST-MUST TRY!!
Fish Head Bee Hoon
At first, the soup was a disappointment cuz it wasn't as tasty as before.
But I swore the soup got tastier towards the middle and the end of the meal, I don't know why!
Very generous meaty fish pieces though!
Sambal Tapioca Leaves
This dish is the TOPS!
As much as it looks deceivingly normal, the tapioca leaves were really nicely cooked.
The dish was fragrant and we could taste the pieces of dried shrimp from the sambal.
Nice!
Fried Prawns
This used to be my favourite dish but to be honest, I don't think the new people did an equally good job with frying prawns.
The prawns were huge and crispy, but I still felt it could be done better.
Worth a try though. Eat while its hot!



The stall's located in an Ol'skool Kopitiam at Eng Hoon Street (Near Tiong Bahru market).
Opens 11am-3pm and then 530pm-930pm.
Alternate Tuesdays off.

No comments: