Monday, December 25, 2006

Cook Fest Day 3

Cook Fest Day 3 (don't ask why!) featured all of us here at VHP (yes, i'm bloody lazy) coming together and contributing to feed one another's tummy. SO AWESOME, RIGHT! :D

spicy cheese donut!peanut butter-choc donut

Soooo, minus Brenda, the rest of us decided to get our ingredients from Raffles City's Marketplace. Jac and I bought a donut each to satisfy our hungry stomach first and had a cuppa at Starbucks.

salad with feta and chicken

We got shitloads of ingredients like salmon, chicken thighs and a hell lot of vegetables. We each were in charge of different dishes and I made the salad and the bloody dressing from scratch. I did lemon dressing which initially smelt pretty good but at the end, I couldn't stand the smell. It made me feel nauseous but somehow or rather, the rest of them liked it. :| I bought the mixed vegetables from the supermarket and added fennel bulb, asparagus and english parsley to it. Oh, and feta cheese!
fried enoki

Brenda pan fried enoki in some batter which turned out to be really nice! I think it wasn't even enough for us. Fish fingers were on the menu as well but they got slightly destroyed in the process of being cooked, ahaha.
grilled asparagus and salmon

AND WE FINALLY GOT TO USE AN OVEN!!! I'm a oven-deprived kid so I made sure that we made use of the oven. We had grilled chicken, grilled salmon and baked corns. Karin had a "secret" marinate for her chicken and salmon! We grilled asparagus together with the salmon too! OMFG YUMMY!!! I think I might even be slightly in love with that salmon and asparagus photo. :|
buttered cornssalmon and asparagus!
fish fingersgrilled chicken
buttered corn kernals for the braces people

I love ovens, it's one of the greatest invention of all time. And because of my deep love for ovens now, I'M GETTING ONE FOR CHRISTMAS!!!! Okay, I think I pretty much win at life now. Merry Christmas y'all! More posts soon!

No comments: